GB/T5718-1997 Test for Textile Sublimation (dry heat) Color Fastness
(1)The test standard specifies a method to test the sublimation color fastness of the various types of textiles of dimensional and shape stable (except for hot pressing).
(2) This method provides three different temperatures for the experiment, one or several temperatures can be used according to the need and the stability of the fiber.
(3) This method is not used as an evaluation for dyeing process or discoloration of crease resistant process.
The textile sample is adhered to one or two of the specified foil fabrics and is heated by closely contact with an intermediate heated to the required temperature, and then evaluate the discoloration of the sample and the staining of the foil fabric with a gray card.
(1) Testing instrument: The heating device is composed of two metal heating plates which precisely control the electric heating system. Combined sample can be placed plainly and be applied pressure with a selected uniform temperature of 4kPa ± 1kPa.
(2)Testing material: Select one foil fabric from the standard of ① or②.
①A piece of multi-fiber foil fabric conforming to GB/T7568.7.
②Two pieces of single fiber foil fabrics conforming to the corresponding sections of GB/T7568.1 – 7568.6, GB/T13765. Each size should be suitable for the requirements of heating equipment. The first piece is made of the same type of fiber. If the cloth is a sort of blended fabric, the sample should be made by its main fiber. The second sample should be made of polyester fiber or otherwise specified.
(3)If necessary, use a piece of fabric that can not be dyed.
(4)The grays cards that use to evaluate discoloration should conform to the standard of GB/T250;The gray cards that use to evaluate staining gray cards should conform to the standard of GB/T251.
(1) If the sample is a fabric, prepare the sample according to one of the following methods:
①Take a sample and the size is suitable for the heating device, make the front of the sample contact with a piece of the same size of the multi-fiber foil fabric, then suture along with a short side to form a combined sample.
②Take a sample and the size is suitable for the heating device, sandwich it between two pieces of single fiber foil fabric with the same size, then suture along with a short side to form a combined sample.
(2) If the sample is made of yarn or loose fiber, take the sample and the weight is approximately equal to half of the total mass of the foil fabrics, prepare the sample according to one of the following methods:
①Sandwich the sample between a piece of multi-fiber fabric whose size is suitable for the heating equipment and a piece of same-sized fabric that can not be dyed, suture it along the four sides to form a combined sample.
②Sandwich the sample between two pieces of single fiber foil fabrics, the size of the sample is suitable for the heating device and suture it along the four sides to form a combined sample.
(1) Place the combined sample in a heating device and press one of the following temperatures to handle it for 30 s.
150 ℃ ± 2 ℃
180 ℃ ± 2 ℃
210 ℃ ± 2 ℃
If necessary, other temperatures can also be set, the test report should indicate it. The pressure of the sample must be 4kPa ± 1kPa.
(2) Remove the combined sample, place it for 4 hours in the specified temperate standard atmosphere of GB / T6529; that is, the temperature should be 20 ℃ ± 2 ℃, the relative humidity should be (65 ± 2)%.
(3) Evaluate the discoloration of the sample by gray cards, and compare the sample with the fiber foil fabric which doesn’t be tested but need to have the same treatment, then evaluate the staining of the fiber foil fabric.
The report should include the following contents:
①Standard number: GB/T5178-1997;
②Specified specifications of the sample
③The experiment temperature
④Sample color change grade
⑤If you use single fiber foil fabrics, record each kind of single fiber foil fabrics’ staining grade.
⑥If you use multi-fiber foil fabrics, record the model of multi-fiber fabrics and the staining grade of each of the fibers.